The west and the rest

Few books inspired to travel from Mongolia to Scotland.
1.) Chief inspirer is Jim Rogers and his books "Adventure Capitalist" and "Investment Biker" www.jimrogers.com
2.) And of course my favorite writer and a great historian Nial Ferguson with his books "Ascent of Money" and "The West and the Rest" www.niallferguson.com/

In the "West and the Rest", one very important fundamental idea that author proposes as of why has Europe developed faster than any other part of the world is very simple. In the Bible it says "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" which was a foundation of how future monarchs and governments could defend their scientific and economic interest against church. This is one of the many reasons of why at the time when Europeans were building steam engine while in other parts of the world governments ordered to burn libraries and scientific laboratories... Please don't think I am against any type of religion, I visit Buddhist temples myself and have general interest in theology, however power is in knowing not in simply believing. So here I am planning to cross European border for the first time in my life to find important scientific and cultural evidences of things happened in the past.

I have old Land Cruiser 100 series. It's a great car. Manufactured in Toyota factory in Belgium in 2007 it's the latest "son" of its generation. It's has 8 valves and 4700 cubic centimeters engine displacement. Monster. At average speed on the highway at speed of 90-110 km/h it burns approximately 12 liters per 100 km and at speed of 110-150 km/h about 14-14,5 liters. Not too horrible I would say... 



The equatorial circumference of the earth is 40,000.017 kilometers and should everything go well I am plan to drive half this distance.

Feel free to check my blog time to time for new updates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belorussia